With increasing inequality, the social mobility challenge is getting tougher each year in the UK. In order to address this, the Sutton Trust is intensifying its work to combat low social mobility.
We are expanding the life-changing education programmes we run for talented young people from low/middle income homes, publishing more agenda-setting research and strengthening our work with policy-makers to affect change in education.
We are seeking donors and partners to help us meet these ambitious goals. Together we can transform many lives.
The Sutton Trust is moving away from a time when it was funded almost solely by its founder and it is diversifying its income in order to establish a secure business model for its future sustainability. We are looking to forge long-term strategic relationships with corporate supporters, trusts and foundations and individuals, in order to secure the future of our programmes and to continue to shape education policy in the UK.
Investing in the Trust generates highly impressive quantified economic returns:
- Our cost-effective work has boosted the life-chances of tens of thousands of young people.
- Our influential research sets the agenda for public debate, attracting national media attention and impacting on government policy.
- The Trust is privately funded and is therefore independent of government.
- An independent study by the Boston Consulting Group found that on average the Trust’s programmes generate a return of £11 for every £1 invested.
- We scale up successful programmes to a national level, often attracting public funding.
There are a number of ways you can invest in the Trust and we are happy to discuss your gift and the impact it will have.