This report uses YouGov polling to present a fascinating insight into the extent to which professional parents are able to gain an advantage over other families in the school system.
- The Government should improve the range and quality of information available to working class parents.
- Means-tested vouchers should be available to working class parents that can be spent on extra tuition, books and cultural activities for their children.
- Schools should be expected to publish socio-economic data on who applies and who is admitted, to encourage inclusive practice.
- Government, Local Authorities and groups of schools should instigate admissions systems that avoid bias.
- The Government should take action to address the differences between state and private schools in information available to parents
- More attention should be given to progress and value-added measures in school league tables, so that schools are encouraged to focus on all their students.